Its all the rage – green, environmentally friendly, low carbon footprint, sustainable, recycling, reusing. Sound familiar? Aren’t these things you have been doing forever? Like washing out plastic sandwich bags and utensils! Remember when we all dried our laundry on the line?
There is a growing trend with the young folk to get back to some of these “olden days” things. Here are a few reminders of some small things that can make an impact:
- Request only the catalogs you want to receive at www.catalogchoice.org
- Unplug cell phone and other electronic device chargers when not in use.
- Take your own grocery bag to the store.
- Use community transportation.
- Recycle paper, plastic, drink cans and bottles, canned food containers whenever possible.
- Turn off lights, computers, radios and televisions when not in use.
See, things you have been doing your whole life!
Paradise Village Retirement Community and Assisted Living has also committed to being green and sustainable by:
- An on-site recycling program (glass, paper, bottles). The trash chutes have recycling bins that allow the residents the option to recycle.
- Meet or exceed the energy code for general lighting and energy usage.
- Energy efficient appliances and lighting. Lighting that auto shuts off or dims when not in use.
- Economizers on all common area HVAC that mix fresh air with already conditioned air for decreased energy consumption.