One of the greatest things about yoga is that it is accessible to everyone, young or old. Here are some amazing benefits of getting your stretch on:
- Prevents disease: Yoga does more than make you limber; it can help ward off diseases and chronic health problems. By increasing circulation and keeping joints mobile, yoga has been shown to reduce the risk of diabetes, heart disease, and arthritis, just to name a few. Yoga is also designed to massage your major organs and keep your body healthy, happy, and performing at its best.
- Stress management – While all types of yoga are helpful for stress reduction, restorative yoga is a particularly appealing option to help alleviate anxiety and recalibrate the nervous system. I, myself take restorative yoga classes at Yoga Hub in Perth at least twice a week for my hips (and sanity). This type of yoga is especially beneficial if you suffer from chronic fatigue or depression. And if you have a hard time getting motivated, the idea of relaxing in super comfortable supported positions might just be what you need to get you to that local class.
- Push your limits – There is nothing more rewarding than achieving something you never thought possible. However, it is important to work within your physical capacity. If you suffer from mobility issues, try a studio that teaches Iyengar yoga. This is a type of yoga developed to be particularly accessible and safe, and the instructors are trained to integrate a variety of props to make sure that you find the right modification that works for you. One of the best things about yoga is it is non-competitive and allows you to move at your own pace, so take your teacher’s advice and listen to your body to find out what kind of practice is right for you.
- Nourish your mind – Yoga is a holistic practice, which means that it treats the mind and body as two sides of the same coin. Therefore, yoga is just as much mind training as it is body training. As such, you can take the mindfulness you learn on your mat into your everyday life, and reap the countless rewards of being more present and aware.
- You can take yoga at the Imagine Wellness Centre but it is available anywhere and everywhere these days – One of the greatest things about yoga is that it is adaptable. Whether your goal is physical fitness, strength, flexibility, or relaxation, there are different types of yoga for whatever your heart desires. If you are trying to lose weight but want a product that can help along with exercise then here the pricing is discussed in this article for different products. And if you don’t want to shell out for a yoga membership or feel uncomfortable in a group setting, try a youtube video in the comfort and privacy of your own home. Private instruction can be another great way to refine and tailor your personal practice.
Hands down the most awesome benefit of yoga is how fantastic it makes you feel. Yoga is a gentle and safe way to take care of your mind and body, so don’t wait to check out many options for senior yoga that the San Diego area has to offer!